zurnal24 Forumzurnal24.info

Forum / Essay Services9

First/Last Name + Phone number, why required by some sites?

rogerb 4 | 18  
Oct 23, 2010 | #1
Why some writing services on their order page REQUIRE to enter First and Last name (+ phone number)? I don't imagine clients would want to provide their real names, especially that I don't really want to order.

Just trying to figure out if and why this is needed on the form.
pheelyks  
Oct 23, 2010 | #2
Customer's real names will be known to the company as soon as they make a payment.

Why is it you keep starting random threads asking pointless questions about the essay writing industry? An why would you be posing as a customer when you've already openly admitted you're a writer (or at least, you consider yourself one)? Still trying to find a decent company to hire you and checking them out this way? Here's a hint: learn to write full, grammatically correct sentences and legitimate companies might actually give you a second look.
OP rogerb 4 | 18  
Oct 23, 2010 | #3
Customer's real names will be known to the company as soon as they make a payment.

But when they don't make a payment the information from the First/Last/Phone fields are or easily could be saved (even without submitting the form if it's done via Ajax). Where is the customer's privacy in that case? In my opinion requiring potential customers to enter their most private information (first, last name, phone number) just to fill out a form is a privacy violation. What is your opinion on that?
pheelyks  
Oct 23, 2010 | #4
Why do you repeat yourself?

Because you didn't answer my questions.

n my opinion requiring potential customers to enter their most private information (first, last name, phone number) just to fill out a form is a privacy violation. What is your opinion on that?

My opinion is that your opinion makes you an idiot. Asking someone for information is not a privacy violation. If the customer chooses to provide that information, how are they being violated?
WritersBeware  
Oct 23, 2010 | #5
privacy violation

That's a ridiculous assertion. The company does not force customers to fill-out the forms, and it is certainly not a "violation of privacy" if customers voluntarily do so.

Roger, in my opinion, you're a former "writer" and prospective site-owner who is dishonestly fishing for information. You have already posed as both a customer and a writer. Your "ajax" comment gives you away as a site owner. You probably should have been honest from the start.
OP rogerb 4 | 18  
Oct 23, 2010 | #6
That's a ridiculous assertion. The company does not force customers to fill-out the forms, and it is certainly not a "violation of privacy" if customers voluntarily do so.

But in such situation customer has no choice. If you are at a gas station and need gas and gas owner tells you to show your ID before he gives you access to the pump - you have no choice, you give him your ID or else you are stuck in the woods. But that is the violation of the customer's privacy and taking advantage of the customer's situation (need for a service).

Roger, in my opinion, you're a former "writer" and prospective site-owner who is dishonestly fishing for information. You have already posed as both a customer and a writer. Your "ajax" comment gives you away as a site owner. You probably should have been honesty from the start.

It may be a valid opinion, but the problem I raised still remains.
pheelyks  
Oct 23, 2010 | #7
problem I raised still remains.

No, it doesn't, and your analogy is retarded. Running out of gas and being stuck "in the woods" is completely different from finding yourself unable to complete your own homework.

Sorry all your sites got shut down--maybe you shouldn't have run them like such a stupid, greedy moron.
WritersBeware  
Oct 23, 2010 | #8
But that is the violation of the customer's privacy and taking advantage of the customer's situation (need for a service).

Are you trying to top your previous accomplishments in "ridiculosity?" You're comparing being stranded on an isolated road with needing an online essay, for which there are literally thousands of online options? Wow.

the problem I raised still remains

What you raised is in no way a "problem."
Smiley73 3 | 353 ☆☆  
Oct 30, 2017 | #9
In my opinion, any academic outsourcing company that requires such vital private information is up to no good. Either they plan on blackmailing you in the future or, they plan on using the information for the purposes of identity theft. Either way, I would not deal with a company that doesn't uphold the privacy rights of the client. They get enough private information when they receive the electronic payment as it is. So there is no need for the client to fill out that information in the order page. Besides, they hate calling the clients. They prefer emails so that they can hide their identities from the student. If a website requires this information, you should find another site to work with. Normally, when a site uses PayPal, they don't require any additional information from the client during the sign up process. Just the email address of the client for purposes. Some of the companies claim they need the number to call the clients, which is total BS because they only make phone calls when prodded to by the writers during times when they know that their call will go directly to voice mail.

Forum / Essay Services / First/Last Name + Phone number, why required by some sites?

Need Help? ➰
CLOSE
THE BEST FREELANCE WRITERS [4]:
Legitimate Academic Freelance Writers!
THE BEST WRITING SERVICES [5]:
Legitimate Academic Research Services!

RECOMMENDED SERVICES:
- (coupon: GW10)
- (coupon: Best7)
VERIFY WRITER PROFILE:
Verify a freelance writer profile:
Check for a suspicious Twitter profile: