zurnal24 Forumzurnal24.info

Forum / Essay Services13

Essay outsourcing - yes or no?

strugglingstudent 4 | 157  
Apr 03, 2008 | #1
Ok in response to WB who seems to think that American students are against outsourcing I would like to glean the opinions of the posters on here.

1. If the companies that purport to be from America (but are based elsewhere) provided first class essays every single time would any of the students on here still not buy from them just because they are not based in America or their own native country?

2. If you had to choose between paying $300 to a GENUINE American site or $150 to a non genuine site but got the same quality off work from both would you boycott the non American site because you would prefer for the work to stay within America?

3. Do you consider that all GENUINE American sites would NEVER supply you with a substandard piece of work?
WritersBeware  
Apr 03, 2008 | #2
If the companies that purport to be from America (but are based elsewhere) provided first class essays every single time

Sorry, but you can't qualify a poll question in such a way that it will inevitably skew the answers in your favor.

Hey, I have a question for you, strugglingstudent:

If a 1-dollar bill were suddenly worth $100, would you rather have a 1-dollar bill or a 50-dollar bill in your wallet?

That's a fairly ridiculous question, isn't it?

2. If you had to choose between paying $300 to a GENUINE American site or $150 to a non genuine site but got the same quality off work from both would you boycott the non American site because you would prefer for the work to stay within America?

See my answer to #1.

3. Do you consider that all GENUINE American sites would NEVER supply you with a substandard piece of work?

Did I EVER claim that native English-speaking, American writers are GODS who never make mistakes? No. I have specifically asserted--and you continue to spin--the FRAUDULENT NATURE of any foreign, ESL company (and its writers) that falsely represents to customers that the company and its writers are AMERICAN, thereby intentionally deceiving American customers into believing that the ONLY difference between FOREIGN COMPANY A and AMERICAN COMPANY B is price.

Your entire post is biased and completely irrelevant.
Lavinia 4 | 503 ☆☆   Freelance Writer
Apr 03, 2008 | #3
Hm, I have to agree with WB. Struggling, your questions are really biased and not really factual.

1. No one provides perfect work always.
2. I don't think the price differences are that big. Heck, there are writers from developing nations who are asking 60$ per page on Essaybay. As an "expensive" American writer, I don't come anywhere near that.

3. See answer to #1.

If you really wanted an unbiased sample, I don't see why you wouldn't ask:

1. As a consumer, do you prefer your paper to be written by someone from your country or does the nation of origin of your writer not matter?

2. As a consumer, are you willing to pay a little more to ensure that your paper is written by someone from your country?

Not to mention, you are completely ignoring the fact that people who get screwed over by companies not based in their own country have no legal recourse. Note, I always recommend that consumers buy papers from companies originating in their own countries b/c failing to do so leaves them no protections.
corvus - | 24  
Apr 03, 2008 | #4
1. If the companies that purport to be from America (but are based elsewhere) provided first class essays every single time would any of the students on here still not buy from them just because they are not based in America or their own native country?

If this question is about plain old outsourcing, lets assume (because this would be impossible otherwise) the essay I bought from the American company is the exact same paper I would have gotten from the non-American company. Here, I would buy American.

Lets assume again both papers are exactly the same. In this instance I would buy from the non-American company. I would probably buy from the non-American company up to about $275. Above that, it would not be worth the possible hassles going with the offshore company. I'll take that $25 I saved and buy a 1/4 tank of gas.

It is not the sites or companies themselves that are providing the shoddy work. All they do is accept the money and forward your order along to a writer. You can get a bad paper from both American and non-American companies. The fault lies with the writer that does the actual work.
WritersBeware  
Apr 03, 2008 | #5
You can get a bad paper from both American and non-American companies.

A "bad" paper from an ESL writer and a "bad" paper from a native English-speaking writer are altogether different beasts. I'd choose the bad paper from the American writer every time, and so would every American customer, if given the option.
OP strugglingstudent 4 | 157  
Apr 03, 2008 | #6
and so would every American customer, if given the option.

And where is your proof of that?

No one provides perfect work always

This was a hypothetical question. I was not assuming that it was possible to produce such work all the time and I did say that both the american and non american producing 1st class work all the time.

I don't think the price differences are that big. Heck, there are writers from developing nations who are asking 60$ per page on Essaybay. As an "expensive" American writer, I don't come anywhere near that.

You have often said in other posts about the EXTREMELY low price charged by some sites. I emphasised the difference to demonstrate that people would go for cheaper rather than support their own economy.

If a 1-dollar bill were suddenly worth $100, would you rather have a 1-dollar bill or a 50-dollar bill in your wallet?

Neither lol as it would probably be a forgery (tongue-in-cheek).

My question (as understood by Corvus) presumes that both the American and non American site both produce 1st class essays. Corvus correctly interprets the question and as you will see says he would stay with his native country. (how did that skew the question in my favour?)
Apr 03, 2008 | #7
You have often said in other posts about the EXTREMELY low price charged by some sites. I emphasised the difference to demonstrate that people would go for cheaper rather than support their own economy.

Actually, I think I've commented on the extremely low pay to writers offered by these companies, not on what they charge to students. I'm frankly much more interested in what writers get paid than in what consumers pay. These companies pay writers 4-6$ per page pretty frequently, which I won't work for, but that doesn't mean that they don't charge just a bit lower than real American companies. After all, if they charged considerably lower (like half), it would be just a bit obvious, wouldn't it?

American companies aren't charging double what these fraud companies are. That's why your question is flawed; pretty much anyone will choose the less expensive option and that option does not reflect reality.

Also, I think you're misinterpreting Corvus' answer, which is why my questions were a bit more clear. Corvus clearly stated that s/he would pay a bit more for an American paper than a non-American paper (300$ vs. 275$). I don't find that at all surprising and that's frankly in line with my understanding of how these fraud companies work.

Corvus, are you even an American consumer? Based on your previous posts, including the bagging on Americans, the refusal to state your home country, and your generally negative outlook on the industry, I'd be surprised to learn that you are an American consumer/student.
OP strugglingstudent 4 | 157  
Apr 03, 2008 | #8
Also, I think you're misinterpreting Corvus' answer, which is why my questions were a bit more clear. Corvus clearly stated that s/he would pay a bit more for an American paper than a non-American paper (300$ vs. 275$). I don't find that at all surprising and that's frankly in line with my understanding of how these fraud companies work.

The difference is not usually only $25 dollars though is it?

Look at the price difference per page charged by the companies. It is obvious that non american sites charge CONSIDERABLY less for their papers since they can pay their writers less
Apr 04, 2008 | #9
Look at the price difference per page charged by the companies. It is obvious that non american sites charge CONSIDERABLY less for their papers since they can pay their writers less

Why don't you look at the price difference and state it here instead of asking me to run around for you? Heh, I mean, come on...

Essaybay has changed the game anyway. When Israeli, Indian and Pakistani writers feel like they can charge 40-60$ per page, it sure does change things.

I mean seriously, 60$ a page? If a writer can't get through 4 pages in an hour, then the writer isn't competent, and I don't think anyone is going to claim that even a top writer is worth 240$/hour.
WritersBeware  
Apr 04, 2008 | #10
WritersBeware:
and so would every American customer, if given the option.

And where is your proof of that?

Please don't embarrass yourself by suggesting that AMERICAN customers prefer non-American, ESL writers. I'm a big fan of proof, but give me a break. I think that any rational, unbiased person would think that your request for "proof" to support that particular claim is just plain silly. Come on . . . .
corvus - | 24  
Apr 07, 2008 | #11

Assuming an American company charges between $15 to $20 a page for a $300 paper, a $25 difference comes out to a $1 to $2 difference per page. For a company using foreign writers, the price difference would have to be more than that to make it worthwhile to use them because a couple dollars is hardly a deal breaker.

Corvus, are you even an American consumer? Based on your previous posts, including the bagging on Americans, the refusal to state your home country, and your generally negative outlook on the industry, I'd be surprised to learn that you are an American consumer/student.

I don't see what my home country has to do with this, but I am indeed American. I also did not immigrate here nor did I sneak across the border from that country to the south. If being born here isn't enough, and driving an American-made car by an American-owned company does, I've got that covered too. In regards to bagging on Americans, nothing I've said hasn't already been said elsewhere or can't be backed up with some simple searching. As for my generally "negative" outlook on the industry, my opinion on this is I could care less where or who wrote the essay as long as it answers all the questions in the assignment and is delivered as scheduled. Grammar, spelling, or regional styles from an ESL writer mean nothing to me because I will be using his/her paper to write my own from scratch.

Essaybay has changed the game anyway. When Israeli, Indian and Pakistani writers feel like they can charge 40-60$ per page, it sure does change things.

But are they getting the orders at those prices? With competitive bidding, there are always people charging very high fees and people with very low ones. So what should you do? Avoid the two extremes and find something in the middle.
Apr 07, 2008 | #12
Assuming an American company charges between $15 to $20 a page for a $300 paper, a $25 difference comes out to a $1 to $2 difference per page.

Yup, and that to quite consistent with the prices advertised. For example, bestessays (lots of complaints about them recently, so I picked them - foreign company) charges 16.95 per page for a paper written by someone that they claim has a masters or phd. in the field if the turnaround time is 7 days or more. I found a comparable price of $17.95 per page from an authentic American service, a 1$ difference.

So, by your own admission, you'd buy American.

I don't see what my home country has to do with this, but I am indeed American.

If you read the first post in this thread, the whole point was to learn about the opinion of American students on outsourcing. If you weren't American, then your answer would really not apply for the purpose of struggling's question.

My question wasn't an attack, although you have insulted the intelligence and language skills of Americans on this board. Aren't you the one who said Americans only know two languages, English and bad English? And when I answered you asking about your own language skills and shared my own, you said nothing. When WB asked what country you were from, you refused to answer. That is why I did not believe it was very plausible that you're American.
Smiley73 4 | 382 ☆☆  
Nov 15, 2017 | #13
1. In this day and age of fiscal responsibility, the students may still wish to outsource their writing assignments but base their service fees on the costs being charged. Therefore, if they can get evidence that the non American company can deliver their writing needs, then I do not see why they would not go with the non-American company. It is all about cost these days, which is why the students tend to get scammed by the con artists out there. They tend to misrepresent themselves in order to get the order.

2. As an American, I would opt to have the work stay in America so that I would also have less problems in dealing with the writer of my order. However, if I am a non-American who requires an academic paper, I would go with the non American site due to writing style considerations that the non-American company writer may be able to provide.

3. Yes, I would like to believe that all legitimate American sites would not supply substandard work because these are professionals in the field who learned how to do the job in the country where the paper is being submitted for a grade. No substandard work can come out of a writer who is highly familiar with the academic requirements of essay writing in the United States.

Forum / Essay Services / Essay outsourcing - yes or no?

Need Help? ➰
CLOSE
THE BEST FREELANCE WRITERS [4]:
Top Academic Freelance Writers!
THE BEST WRITING SERVICES [5]:
Top Academic Research Services!

RECOMMENDED SERVICES:
- (coupon: GW10)
- (coupon: Best7)
VERIFY WRITER PROFILE:
Verify a freelance writer profile:
Check for a suspicious Twitter profile: