zurnal24 Forumzurnal24.info

Forum / General Talk47

Ukrainians are hacking and illegally redirecting THOUSANDS of sites

wordsies    5 | 250 ☆☆   Freelance Writer
Apr 01, 2017 | #41
Is this case isolated to wordpress only or are other sites affected?
OP writers2beware 41 | 2,024 ☆☆☆☆  
Apr 02, 2017 | #42
Wordpress seems to be the main target, but that may simply be because Wordpress in the most common blogging platform.

The attacks are definitely not isolated to Wordpress. The Ukrainian criminals send out "hacking bots" to scan millions of sites per day in search of various vulnerabilities. When the bot finds a vulnerable site that it can exploit, it inserts either redirection code or parasite pages with links to the criminals' own essay sites. Either way, the hacked site's traffic gets hijacked and sent to the Ukrainian criminals. For example, check out the search results for "." Keep in mind that they do the exact same thing to literally MILLIONS of Web sites using literally hundreds of millions of possible keyword combinations. They are running an extremely intricate, well-orchastrated, criminal hacking operation. If caught, they can and will spend a very long time in prison.

They also attack other popular blogging and content management systems (CMS), such as Joomla. For example, if you view the source code of the home page of aog.es (one of the hacked sites listed in the Google search results that I linked in my previous post), you will see the following in the header:

meta name="generator" content="Joomla! - Open Source Content Management"

In my opinion, blogging and CMS providers should not be allowed to include such "generator" tags because it is one of the most common ways for hackers to identify potentially vulnerable sites. It makes the hackers' job much easier. It's like screaming at the top of the Internet mountain, "Hey, my security sucks! Hack me first, please!"
wordsies    5 | 250 ☆☆   Freelance Writer
Apr 02, 2017 | #43
@writers2beware
Thank you for the clarification.
marko78 - | 3   Student
Apr 11, 2017 | #44
If I may, I´d like to add on the scam list Essaysdeluxe.com and Uk-essay.net. Both are operated by what seems to be Ukrainian/Russian scammers...
GilbertSnider - | 4   Freelance Writer
Apr 19, 2017 | #45
I'm so disappointed to hear that one folk. But still, thanks for the information and you get everyone warned about them.
OP writers2beware 41 | 2,024 ☆☆☆☆  
Jun 13, 2017 | #46

New, massive essay paper link injection hack by the Ukrainian scumbags

See the .
Major 39 | 1,367 ☆☆☆☆  
Nov 13, 2017 | #47
From google's recent announcement:

"We've found that this redirect often comes from third-party content embedded in the page, and the page author didn't intend the redirect to happen at all. To address this, in Chrome 64 all redirects originating from third-party iframes will show an infobar instead of redirecting, unless the user had been interacting with that frame."

blog.chromium.org/2017/11/expanding-user-protections-on-web.html

Other browsers should follow. So, if I understand it correctly, it should kill the crucial component of the hacked / redirecting scripts and would make the whole hacking system useless. That would be excellent news, provided links to the destination pages would also be completely devalued.

Forum / General Talk / Ukrainians are hacking and illegally redirecting THOUSANDS of sites

Need Help? ➰
CLOSE
THE BEST FREELANCE WRITERS [4]:
Legitimate Academic Freelance Writers!
THE BEST WRITING SERVICES [5]:
Legitimate Academic Research Services!

RECOMMENDED SERVICES:
- (coupon: GW10)
- (coupon: Best7)
VERIFY WRITER PROFILE:
Verify a freelance writer profile:
Check for a suspicious Twitter profile: