zurnal24 Forumzurnal24.info

Forum / General Talk7

Can a writer with a college degree write papers on PhD Level?

roommate 1 | 2   Student
Oct 28, 2017 | #1
I reviewed several websites offering the so called "student writing services." Some were made by writers, others by companies. That made me wonder - there's often a form to fill out. On the form it says the Research Level or Academic Level and some choices are like College, University (Undergraduate / Graduate), PhD / Doctoral. So can one writer do papers on all these levels? How can a writer do a paper on Phd/Doctoral level if he has graduated from College? PhD Level means much more then just more careful spell checking or grammar right? If true, something doesn't add up and it's confusing.

B.t.w. to other students doing research on paper services, here are the most overpriced services on the market: Prescottpapers.com and UKEssays. They charge like $50-$60 per page and I doubt they are worthy the high sticker price. Considering other options advertising here where a confirmed US service charge $30-38 per page and they may even use same writers.
Major 39 | 1,367 ☆☆☆☆  
Oct 28, 2017 | #2
When it comes to writing on PhD level.. In most real-life instances you could be right. A freelance writer with a college degree who claims he/she can write on a PhD level is like a video game addict who argues that he would be able to operate an F-16 aircraft only because he mastered the video game's advanced stages. I'm not saying it's totally impossible, but the survival chances are pretty remote ;)
FreelanceWriter    5 | 1,297 ☆☆☆☆   Freelance Writer
Oct 28, 2017 | #3
I'm sorry, but that's not a very good analogy, simply because a video game player isn't a pilot in the first place. An experienced twin-engine Cessna pilot with thousands of hours of flight time could fly and safely land a Boeing 767, either by following verbal instructions from ground control or from nearby pilots or by preparing in advance just watching 767 flight-instruction videos available online. A highly-experienced freelance writer writing a PhD dissertation is in the same situation as the experienced Cessna pilot, not the video game player who has never actually flown anything.

I've completed over 100 PhD dissertations by now, with very good results. Only a few of them were in areas in which I have formal academic training, such as in Law, Psychology, or History. The vast majority have been in academic areas in which I never took a single class, such as Nursing, Literature*, Business, Journalism, and Marketing. I've also seen plenty of incredibly atrocious writing in the first drafts of parts of some of those same dissertations from the candidates who are on track to receive their PhDs. So the other incorrect operative assumption is that all PhD candidates are capable of writing anything at the PhD level, which I can tell you, with no uncertainty, definitely isn't the case.

If you're already a good, highly-experienced writer and you're smart enough to read peer-reviewed material critically, all you really have to do is follow the format of the thousands of dissertations available online and/or in the models provided by clients. The faculty advisors are usually involved at every stage as well, so we get feedback and guidance for requested revisions beginning with the initial proposal and every chapter thereafter. As with almost everything else in this business, it really depends on the specific writer.

*[I did take one undergraduate course in English Literature, but the point is the same: 1 undergraduate course hardly equals PhD-level knowledge.]
Major 39 | 1,367 ☆☆☆☆  
Oct 28, 2017 | #4
So a talented Ukrainian academic paper writer with a college degree can also write a dissertation thesis because he's experienced in writing college essays. Both an Ukrainian writer and you are in fact freelance writers. Your argument may be used by ESL writers to suggest they can successfully compete with native English speakers at a cheaper price level.
FreelanceWriter    5 | 1,297 ☆☆☆☆   Freelance Writer
Oct 29, 2017 | #5
Obviously, that's not at all what I'm suggesting and I think you already know that. The OP asked whether a writer without a PhD can complete a dissertation, not whether all writers without a PhD can do it. As you know, all freelance writers are not equal; and nobody said anything about "ESL" writers in this thread until you just added that totally new variable. There are some very good NES writers with decades of experience and thousands of projects under their belts and there are many more not-so-good, relatively inexperienced writers (including ESL writers who can't provide high-quality English writing at any level, let alone PhD dissertations), and NES and ESL writers at every level in between. Obviously, not every writer who has nothing more than an undergraduate degree can, necessarily, produce a good PhD dissertation; but the point is simply that there are some who certainly can. In fact, I know several others besides me who definitely can. The OP (essentially) asked whether it's possible for a writer who doesn't have a PhD to produce a good PhD thesis, and I simply explained that it certainly is, at least in some cases.

To address the OP's concerns more specifically, I would not trust that a PhD-level order from most essay companies will, necessarily, be completed by one of those writers who can do it. Unless the customer s customer service directly first and asks for a writer with the ability to do so, the order typically just goes up on the assignment board where it can be taken by any writer, including those who have no business whatsoever touching a PhD-level project but vastly overestimate their own abilities. And that's at the best of the legitimate essay companies; at the rest, customer service will probably just tell the customer whatever they need to say to get the project sold. Even when I refer projects -- all projects, not just high-level ones -- to my old essay company, I don't tell the client to just go order it on the website where any writer will be able to grab it once it's posted as an available order. I never want anybody I refer to that company to get that company's worst (or newest) writer and then blame me for recommending that company. So, I either customer service myself first to make sure they try to get one of their best writers to consider the project (and also because I want them to know that I'm still referring projects to them) or I cc one of their reps on my reply to the client.
Extremely experienced, honest, versatile American writer in NYC with a Law Degree from NYLS: Visit NYCFreelanceWriter "dot" com
OP roommate 1 | 2   Student
Oct 29, 2017 | #6
Thank you for replies. How can I check if a writer has an advanced degree or PhD degree? Is this info available online for free? I think I must have writer's full name and school name, but how I can get that? With companies they have more writers and more chances for PhD writer or not?
wordsies    5 | 250 ☆☆   Freelance Writer
Oct 29, 2017 | #7
You will never know (for sure) what degree your writer has unless he/she provides transcripts or you do extensive research. Both are equally unlikely.

As for your question about PhD writers, I think that many people with PhD's or on PhD track don't know how to write (at least from my experience) anything more complicated than a shopping list. I think PhD is not a prerequisite for good writing on that level, provided one has enough experience. Personally, I avoid PhD stuff as much as I can, and never accept PhD dissertations when offered. I will take random papers or coursework, but that's about it. That's been my stance from the start, and I don't see it changing anytime soon.

Forum / General Talk / Can a writer with a college degree write papers on PhD Level?

Need Help? ➰
CLOSE
THE BEST FREELANCE WRITERS [4]:
Legitimate Academic Freelance Writers!
THE BEST WRITING SERVICES [5]:
Legitimate Academic Research Services!

RECOMMENDED SERVICES:
- (coupon: GW10)
- (coupon: Best7)
VERIFY WRITER PROFILE:
Verify a freelance writer profile:
Check for a suspicious Twitter profile: