zurnal24 Forumzurnal24.info

Forum / Writing Careers19

Average number of sites you work for as a freelance writer

rogerb 4 | 18  
Aug 17, 2010 | #1
On average, for how many companies do you work for as a freelance writer? I assume it's not quite possible to work only for one company because it doesn't usually have enough projects?
researchland - | 8  
Aug 18, 2010 | #2
At least 3 or 4, to make a decent living.
OP rogerb 4 | 18  
Aug 18, 2010 | #3
I see, that's what I thought. The bad thing you need to check all these sites daily, it's impossible to have it all in one browser window.
Fracturegang 7 | 345  
Aug 18, 2010 | #4
Currently writing for 12 sites + I am the owner of writing site.
WritersBeware  
Aug 18, 2010 | #5
Currently writing for 12 sites

Name them.

I am the owner of writing site.

That's funny-I seem to recall you repeatedly claiming that you do not own any sites.

Brunch, anyone?
advanced 1 | 19  
Aug 18, 2010 | #6
working for 5 sites. essaybrunch is fake
scamproof - | 8  
Aug 18, 2010 | #7
Fracturegang is obviously joking. But I don't understand how you can work for more than three sites. I primarily write for two, but also have accounts with three others, which have turned out to be big disappointments. One of them is called allwriting.net. I am really curious, is there anybody writing for these guys? Their prices during the high season can go as high as $5/page, and so you can imagine what they offer during the low season. Anyway, I think a good writer can do a max of two sites, but i could be wrong.
WritersBeware  
Aug 18, 2010 | #8
Fracturegang is obviously joking.

No, he's not. He's just a lying idiot.
researchland - | 8  
Aug 18, 2010 | #9
Currently writing for 12 sites + I am the owner of writing site.

That should be almost impossible, especially when the orders are steady.
OP rogerb 4 | 18  
Aug 18, 2010 | #10
Why would a writer want to get an account with a company and never complete a single order for them? (or only complete a few a year?).

Isn't it waste of time/money by both the company and the writer?
FreelanceWriter    5 | 1,297 ☆☆☆☆   Freelance Writer
Aug 20, 2010 | #11
Lately, about 70% of my work is from private clients, but I still do a lot of work other legitimate essay sites.
jwolfe2 6 | 67  
Aug 20, 2010 | #12
freelancewriter,

you have any advice on how to find private clients? :)
Fracturegang 7 | 345  
Aug 20, 2010 | #13
Name them.

Do you deserve the right to request me?

That's funny-I seem to recall you repeatedly claiming that you do not own any sites.

You are a disgusting, pet and paid liar of ET.
FreelanceWriter    5 | 1,297 ☆☆☆☆   Freelance Writer
Aug 20, 2010 | #14
you have any advice on how to find private clients? :)

None that I plan on sharing with potential competitors.

Why was my previous post edited (and made grammatically incorrect) by the administrators? All I did was list some of the sites that use me. WB asked another poster to name the sites he works for and I was just doing exactly that.
Extremely experienced, honest, versatile American writer in NYC with a Law Degree from NYLS: Visit NYCFreelanceWriter "dot" com
jwolfe2 6 | 67  
Aug 22, 2010 | #15
yeah, i noticed that edit. it was a little draconian.
Excellence - | 6  
Aug 22, 2010 | #16
5-10 companies minimum...
Fracturegang 7 | 345  
Aug 22, 2010 | #17
Why was my previous post edited (and made grammatically incorrect) by the administrators?

O my God! I got it today! I always wondered why all of my offensive comments appeared to be grammatically incorrect. It is the Admin that is responsible for it.
ten_upon_ten - | 8  
Sep 03, 2010 | #18
I work for three reputed service providers, and it keeps me occupied seven months out of twelve.
Smiley73 3 | 353 ☆☆  
Oct 31, 2017 | #19
When I first started out as an academic writer, I signed up for all the companies I could Google since, at the time, Google was still academic outsourcing friendly. There was also a good chance that the companies were not under an umbrella organization so it was easier for me to sign up. I treated the jobs like I would try on hats. Those that fit my personal requirements, I stayed on with. Those that were unreasonable or never paid on time, I had no problem letting go of. I guess that is why I did not have a true average of writing sites. At one point in time, I was working for 10 companies simultaneously. I eventually worked that down to 3 companies. Over time, as my relationship with these companies evolved, I began letting go of the others until I was eventually left with one company where I climbed the ranks so fast that even the summer down time was not a real down time for me. By the time I left the business, I was only connected with one company so I guess that would be my average number of sites worked for in the long term.

Forum / Writing Careers / Average number of sites you work for as a freelance writer

Need Help? ➰
CLOSE
THE BEST FREELANCE WRITERS [4]:
Legitimate Academic Freelance Writers!
THE BEST WRITING SERVICES [5]:
Legitimate Academic Research Services!

RECOMMENDED SERVICES:
- (coupon: GW10)
- (coupon: Best7)
VERIFY WRITER PROFILE:
Verify a freelance writer profile:
Check for a suspicious Twitter profile: