zurnal24 Forumzurnal24.info

Forum / Writing Careers20

Becoming an Essay Writer

monsta2005 2 | 33  
Oct 06, 2008 | #1
Hi people. I was just wondering if anyone has any advice for me. I am a 23 year old male, UK based and have just become the first person at my university to be ever awarded a distinction on its Master of Business Admin course (I graduate in November, although my result is confirmed). I also have a decent honours degree in economics from a top UK university.

Consequently, I am looking to become an academic essay writer and need advice anyone is willing to offer. For example, should I be looking to sign up with a essay offering service website and work for them? Im a bit reluctant to do this as im an honest person and have read about people getting ripped off on such sites.

The type of the service id like to offer would be high quality (e.g. high marks), but i would ask as a result, comparatively high prices.

If anyone can give me some advice how best to go about this id very much appreciate it.

Id appreciate any advice and tips,
penny - | 6  
Oct 09, 2008 | #2
You'd make more money writing high quality essays for yourself and trying to get them published in journals than you ever would writing for essay sites.

Ethically, would you be able to supply someone else's plagiarism, especially after years of uni rules about plagiarism?

Just some thoughts...
sangeetha 1 | 12  
Oct 12, 2008 | #3
You've an excellent educational background.Then why should try for such companies,try for regular job oppertunities which may double your carreer.This's your right age to pick up a career oriented job.Don't spoil your future by resorting to such companies.
busy 1 | 6  
Oct 13, 2008 | #4
hm.. this is a kinda question that i've been wrestling some time before. I'd say the following: you will never build your career by writing essays. BUT are you going to built your career writing essays? actually, it's the problem of perception. As for me, i perceive essay writers, as people who want just some extra money. Is it bad? i'd say it is not. In addition, you've got no commitments.

If you are interested in high pay - you can visit PENCAMP... the most highly paid job i've ever met. Cannot say about the quality of the company, but it looks nice.
OP monsta2005 2 | 33  
Oct 14, 2008 | #5
Thanks for replies. Ive been looking for a proper a job. I forgot to put the other aspect of my background, which is that i will become the youngest ever graduate from the MBA (in November) from my uni. Im only 23. I also got on to the course via a interview because Ive got very little experience; you usually need 3 years business experience to get on the MBA, but i managed to impress enough to get on in my interview, Well I thought potential employers would be impressed by the fact that im only 23 and have an MBA with distinction. Ive been wrong so far. Applied for about 5 decent jobs and all of them have turned me down, without even an interview sly. All these agencies are adamant for experience .lol.

Thanks for your advice though xx gonna keep trying

PS. Penny do you get paid alot to write for academic journals? My dissertation supervisor told me a couple of weeks ago to send the 'literature review chapter' of my dissertation to a couple of journals. But I havent tried yet.
Anmol  
Oct 14, 2008 | #6
Can't understand why any individual should be so obsessed with his age!!!
strugglingstudent 4 | 157  
Oct 15, 2008 | #7
Thanks for replies. Ive been looking for a proper a job.

For someone who scored so high your use of grammar is appalling. It also sounds to me like you are hoping to just walk straight into a good job at a high level- get real! You will have to do the same as the rest of us and work your way up.

Despite my qualifications I am not doing the job I am qualified to do but that is life and I know if I persevere I will get there in the end. In the meantime I will continue as I am and keep working my way to the top.
whitegrim 4 | 72   Freelance Writer
Oct 19, 2008 | #8
It is not that easy to get straight up...
Even how educated you are they is no compromise on experience...
When you enter into any market you have to get acquainted with that environment and that requires time... Sometime less sometimes more...
So work out you will get there...
Lavinia 4 | 503 ☆☆   Freelance Writer
Oct 19, 2008 | #9
The majority of academic journals don't pay. They expect scholars to submit their articles for free because publication is vitally important to building academic credentials and, in most cases, getting tenure - that's why some programs actually offer publication subventions to offset the costs associated with academic publishing. Don't expect to get rich writing for journals.
Fracturegang 7 | 345  
Oct 19, 2008 | #10
Hi Sangeetha,

Why do you think these essay writing companies are not good? Cannot they be a regular career?
sarah palin - | 3  
Oct 24, 2008 | #11
Which company offers the highest rates in the industry or are they all a much of a much?
Fracturegang 7 | 345  
Oct 25, 2008 | #12
Frailty! thy name is Palin!
OP monsta2005 2 | 33  
Oct 26, 2008 | #13
lol sorry but a fact!!

my grammar for a blog site isnt going to MBA standard is it.

Hi people. Since I was last on here, I have become an essay writer and making a bundle! I decided to advertise myself, on a couple university noticeboards and have built up an excellent reputation and can now demand high fees. Its just very hard work, so in the mean time applied for a few jobs and have got a couple of interviews lined, fingers crossed.
WritersBeware  
Oct 26, 2008 | #14
Since I was last on here, I have become an essay writer and making a bundle! I decided to advertise myself, on a couple university noticeboards and have built up an excellent reputation and can now demand high fees. Its just very hard work, so in the mean time applied for a few jobs and have got a couple of interviews lined, fingers crossed.

I'd love to see a sample of your work.
MAK 3 | 121  
Oct 27, 2008 | #15
Hi people. Since I was last on here, I have become an essay writer and making a bundle! I decided to advertise myself, on a couple university noticeboards and have built up an excellent reputation and can now demand high fees. Its just very hard work, so in the mean time applied for a few jobs and have got a couple of interviews lined, fingers crossed.

hi there...i'm happy to hear you are doing well....but mate, i've spent like 5 years at UK universities and plan to spend a few more during my doctorate....I'm not sure if what you are doing will be ok with the university admin....You have not stated how you are advertising yourself,but once some teacher takes note that you are actually offering to write essays,you may get called in for disciplinary action...its not worth placing your own degree at risk....read the following link about the fate of Ki Lee in 2007, who was a chinese MBA student expelled for setting up an essay selling company on campus...Don't use the notice board mate and read the fate of Ki Lee on the following link...are you sure you wanna lose your degree with notice board advertisements...what if some student tells on you even though you have ensured anonymity?Read the following links and think about it....

I have copied and pasted these links alongwith their headlines as shown on google...good day friend...play it safe!
BBC NEWS | England | Lancashire | Student accused over essay scam
7 Dec 2007 ... Kai Li was reported by a student newspaper reporter ... was good information that made us believe that acts of plagiarism were taking place. ...
news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lancashire/7132087.stm - 40k - Cached - Similar pages
UCLan investigates essay scam claims - Lancashire Evening Post
Masters student Kai Li, from China, was suspended from UCLan last month after ... Li after receiving information which made them believe plagiarism was ...
lep.co.uk/studentnews/UCLan-investigates-essay-scam-claims.3561411.jp - 48k - Cached - Similar pages
[PDF] OUT WITH THE OLD, IN WITH THE NEW
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
When Mr Kai Li was rst caught, he. pleaded to keep this scandal from his parents ... exposure of one plagiarism operation to put. an end to this trend. ...

someoneoncetoldme.com/Seren - Similar pages
OP monsta2005 2 | 33  
Nov 07, 2008 | #16
I'd love to see a sample of your work.

Well pay me and you ll get a sample

Don't use the notice board mate and read the fate of Ki Lee on the following link...are you sure you wanna lose your degree with notice board advertisements...what if some student tells on you even though you have ensured anonymity?Read the following links and think about it....

Hi thanks for the advice. However, I have not advertised myself on the notice board of the university I attended, but at three universities not too far from myself. Yeah I take on board your advice. I plan to do my PhD soon also (probably start in Jan 2009), this is temp thing, probably for the three weeks I reckon.
MAK 3 | 121  
Nov 07, 2008 | #17
best of luck mate...yes a PHD is a lovely idea.You can even get a good job as a lecturer or teacher during your studies.I heard that the Oxbridgetutors are hiring highly qualified people for teaching jobs.What is your PhD about??I am about to start my PhD in February next year aswell and am looking for jobs as a lecturer in London.Have a few good offers now but I think private teaching might be a much more rewarding vocation based on the cost of the PhD degree itself.

Keep in touch
OP monsta2005 2 | 33  
Nov 08, 2008 | #18
Not guaranteed yet. The university will accept me regardless of my topic area I reckon (as I was first to get the distinction). If I definately decide to do it, it will be in marketing. Whats yours on? My course leader was hinting at a lecturers job when results came out, but nothing came off it. i dont think its the right career path for me at the moment and also you need an education qualification, which i dont have. Private teaching is a good idea. But do you need a education qualification for that?
sangeetha 1 | 12  
Nov 09, 2008 | #19
Why do you think these essay writing companies are not good? Cannot they be a regular career?-Fracturegang

I don't think so.Such writing services r good for those who are not able to work outside for particular reason.And yes,it's suitable for the people who prefer part time jobs.But for a person who is aspiring for better career in life must go for regular job.After all ,there is no company prefer experiance on the basis of "work at home" job.I think u got the point.
Smiley73 3 | 353 ☆☆  
Nov 11, 2017 | #20
@monsta2005 How did the temporary gig turn out? Did you parlay that into an actual teaching career (of sorts) eventually? I hear that some academic writers for hire eventually find themselves as teaching assistants once they go in for a masters of PhD line of study. Was it the same for you? Or did you decide to make a go of the academic writing thing as part of your regular income? The one thing nice about being an academic writer is that it doesn't tie you down and allows you pursue your other passions in life, even as you make a decent income assisting other students in their quest to complete their own studies. I am very confident that you were never found out since you had no plans of advertising at your own university. I hope that you can still see this message and hopefully, you can give us an update as to how things have gone for you since your last post. You sounded like a person with a host of career possibilities at your fingertips. I am eager to find out which ones worked out for you and which ones did not.

Forum / Writing Careers / Becoming an Essay Writer

Need Help? ➰
CLOSE
THE BEST FREELANCE WRITERS [4]:
Legitimate Academic Freelance Writers!
THE BEST WRITING SERVICES [5]:
Legitimate Academic Research Services!

RECOMMENDED SERVICES:
- (coupon: GW10)
- (coupon: Best7)
VERIFY WRITER PROFILE:
Verify a freelance writer profile: