zurnal24 Forumzurnal24.info

Forum / Writing Careers9

My client still owes me money... advice needed.

Sep 16, 2007 | #1
Hi guys. I'm back and I need a bit of help this time. It has been about a week now since one of my clients has ceased all communications with me. The problem is, he still owes me money. I am considering posting all the articles on my web page so that they would be useless to that client (Web articles should be original. Webmasters check with copyscape.com). Would this be the smart thing to do or should I wait some more?
essayer - | 118  
Sep 18, 2007 | #2
if you're still unpaid by this time, better post them on the web now....
Lavinia 4 | 503 ☆☆   Freelance Writer
Sep 19, 2007 | #3
if it's been this long, chances are you are not getting paid.

i would suggest sending 1 more email and making it clear that the client broke their end of the business agreement and is therefore not entitled to use your work. inform them of your intent to post the work publicly, give them a day to respond, and then do so if you don't receive payment. that way, you have it in writing that you clearly attempted to collect payment and that the client is choosing to voluntarily sever the deal.
Aug 29, 2009 | #4
Go ahead and post it online. It will have no actual effect on the client. You need to know that person's full name, if that student's a client, and s/he's graduated, then you can't do anything. The school/college/university will not retain copies of the essay so nothing to compare against what you post online. The student can then simply say it's someone else with the same name.
pheelyks  
Aug 30, 2009 | #5
I have found that it's often fairly easy to locate the school and even the instructor of many clients, especially when they include instructions for their papers that come word-for-word from their instructors. Google the text of the assignment description and see what comes back.

I have never ed a school/instructor with such an issue, but I have sent a few emails to customers who left me in the same situation, politely letting them know that I have reason to believe they are using my product to cheat at (name of institution customer attends), and that in order to protect the copyright of my product I will be emailing a copy of the article to (student's instructor, if known, or the Dean of instruction/other appropriate authority). I have never failed to receive payment doing this.
american_writer 10 | 92  
Sep 01, 2009 | #6
pheelyks has the right idea, most students just need the threat of calling them out and reporting them. If you drop the name of the school they attend then the fear really sets in that they just tried to rip off the wrong person and you will get paid.
hensiku - | 10  
Mar 02, 2010 | #7
Why did they take your paper prior to payment?
rustyironchains 12 | 729 ☆☆  
Mar 02, 2010 | #8
you are being a crybaby. get over it.
Smiley73 3 | 353 ☆☆  
Oct 31, 2017 | #9
@Unbeliever_Paradox did you ever collect on the money owed to you? Since this case was different from an academic paper, I was wondering of Pheelyks advice was appropriate for your case. You did say it was a web article issue and not a college paper problem. So I am interested to learn whether or not you were able to collect and how you managed to do that after all the time that passed between the submission of the paper and your client ing you again. Did you make good on your "threat" to simply publish all of the posts in order to render your submissions to him useless? If I were in your situation, I would do the exact same thing. Sometimes, shaming a person into doing the right thing is the only option that might work. I said might work because if the person happens to be one of the few people on the planet who doesn't have any shame, then nothing you try to do to collect your payment is going to work.

Forum / Writing Careers / My client still owes me money... advice needed.

Need Help? ➰
CLOSE
THE BEST FREELANCE WRITERS [4]:
Legitimate Academic Freelance Writers!
THE BEST WRITING SERVICES [5]:
Legitimate Academic Research Services!

RECOMMENDED SERVICES:
- (coupon: GW10)
- (coupon: Best7)
VERIFY WRITER PROFILE:
Verify a freelance writer profile:
Check for a suspicious Twitter profile: