zurnal24 Forumzurnal24.info

Forum / Writing Careers11

companies that fine writers should give them financial incentives

rustyironchains 12 | 729 ☆☆  
Aug 09, 2009 | #1
it is just basic motivation. writers are motivated by money. companies that withhold money for writers, whether they are doing it to rip them off or to lightly scold them, should, if they practice fining, also practice financial rewards. wtf is going on with this industry; we are the writers, we make the product. they overcharge in the first place, and then take fines from us, but they don't give us bonuses? what's going on? as writers, we need to complain to these companies, and start sending them some email reminders asap about what we deserve: tell them, if you fine us, we want cash bonuses! tell them what they're doing is wrong.
margie - | 53  
Aug 11, 2009 | #2
If you're with a company fining writers indiscriminately, then, get out of there.
OP rustyironchains 12 | 729 ☆☆  
Aug 11, 2009 | #3
indiscriminate or discriminate; it doesn't matter. how can one claim that any financial punishments shouldn't be accompanied and balanced by attendant financial rewards?

if you are a writer, and if your company is penalizing you for bad performance, whether they are being brazen about it or not, they should also be rewarding you for good performance. opposite angles should be equal. it is as simple a motivational tool as there is, and it keeps writers satisfied, motivated, and, most importantly, loyal.

writers, if they are fining you at all, you should email them and demand your attendant reward.
pd2a3z000753 2 | 25  
Aug 12, 2009 | #4
It seems like the companies fool the customer AND the writers.
Aug 12, 2009 | #5
how do you feel about yourselves, to be taking and not giving?
pd2a3z000753 2 | 25  
Aug 12, 2009 | #6
ewww....... I just feel like puking.
Aug 13, 2009 | #7
writers need to get together and mass email all companies that fine them, regardless of their status or seniority. we need to tell them that we will not be fined without attendant rewards, and that we will withhold work until they meet our demands.

who are these ducks to constantly fine their own talent? they are backbiters who take extra advantage of us and never give us anything extra back.
WritersBeware  
Aug 13, 2009 | #8
It seems like the companies fool the customer AND the writers.

Precisely correct!
texaswriter - | 27  
Aug 13, 2009 | #9
The best incentive to try and keep writers ahead of schedule is to offer a bonus based upon how early the writer turns in an order.

Also, incentives for bring back repeat business for their writing skills.
imperfection23 - | 3  
Sep 19, 2010 | #10
The best incentive to try and keep writers ahead of schedule is to offer a bonus based upon how early the writer turns in an order.

This is true, this would motivate the writer to write quickly and accurately. I have noticed some writers accept projects that have impossible deadlines, only to disappoint the client from a timing and quality perspective.
Smiley73 4 | 382 ☆☆  
Nov 24, 2017 | #11
The fining system was put into place for a reason. The company wants to keep more of the profits from their overcharging for themselves. If they could have the writers work for free, they would. It is a slave industry. Just like any slave, if the company could pay the writers in bread and water, they would. It was never meant to be an employment of the "equal benefits" kind. Even the bonus that the client gives the writer is halved by the company. In all my years of writing academic papers, I never received a "bonus" or any sort of "reward" from the company, even though they advertised bonuses as part of the deal when I first joined. They claimed that I never met the "required" number of pages completed in a year to "qualify" for the bonus. The company knew what they were doing was wrong, the writers constantly told them it was wrong, but they did not listen. They figure that if you don't like the money, then you can leave. There is another sucker who can take your place in an instant. Fat chance having any writing company give you a bonus for your hard work during the year.

Forum / Writing Careers / companies that fine writers should give them financial incentives

Need Help? ➰
CLOSE
THE BEST FREELANCE WRITERS [4]:
Top Academic Freelance Writers!
THE BEST WRITING SERVICES [5]:
Top Academic Research Services!

RECOMMENDED SERVICES:
- (coupon: GW10)
- (coupon: Best7)
VERIFY WRITER PROFILE:
Verify a freelance writer profile:
Check for a suspicious Twitter profile: