zurnal24 Forumzurnal24.info

Forum / Writing Careers6

Does the essay deadline determine the essay price? Small survey for writers.

WhiteSox 3 | 17  
Sep 03, 2009 | #1
I have a question to essay writers. Assume you are to be assigned a 10-page essay. And you have an option about the deadline:

a) 1 week (100%)
b) 2 weeks
c) 3 weeks
d) 4 weeks

How much would you charge in the above scenarios? Let's assume option a) has 100%. And just put how many less percent (if any less) you would charge if given more time. Something like:

a) 100%, b) 95%, c) 90%, d) 90%

I try to get an idea that if a writer has more time he would charge less or if he would charge the same. Because I heard that for a writer it doesnt' matter if he has more time because he would still start writing 'at the last day/hour he feels comfortable to finish the essay.' And either he can do it or not.

Now when I think about it I (being a student) start doing my homework at the last day I can :). If I had one year to do my homework I would still start doing it a day before it's due (as long as I know I would finish it within a day). Opinions please?
Major 39 | 1,367 ☆☆☆☆  
Sep 03, 2009 | #2
I would say:

a) 100%
b) 95%
c) 95%
d) 95%

That means it doesn't matter to me if I have 2, 3, or 4 additional weeks; I would only charge 5% more if I was allowed 2-4 weeks more.
FreelanceWriter    5 | 1,297 ☆☆☆☆   Freelance Writer
Sep 03, 2009 | #3
In my experience, commercial sites usually charge a set price per page based on the due date. My private fees are based more on how difficult the paper will be for me and how long it will take me than on the due date except that I charge more for papers due in 24 hours or less. Beyond that, the extra time doesn't really help me because I usually write everything pretty close to the due date unless it's a particularly long or difficult project.
Extremely experienced, honest, versatile American writer in NYC with a Law Degree from NYLS: Visit NYCFreelanceWriter "dot" com
rustyironchains 12 | 729 ☆☆  
Sep 03, 2009 | #4
I have to twist one of my employer's arms to get them to give me more per page for rush orders. they are very tight. the other current one, rush orders are automatically scaled up about 25%.

in terms of ex employers, the one I quit was about the same, scaled up 25%, but sometimes more. one had a base per page rate of $20+, so I never demanded more for rush orders from them, to avoid spooking the goose. unfortunately, they went out of business.
Smiley73 3 | 353 ☆☆  
Nov 01, 2017 | #5
For me, the deadlines will factor into the price of the essay more than anything else. The longer I have to work on the essay, the less I would be charging. I charged less during my time as a freelance writer for horizon deadlines because there as no stress factor involved in the research and writing process. If I had time to relax while doing the work, the more my client would get out of me. When it is a short turn around paper and I will be required to adjust my schedule and complete the paper with the client breathing down my neck, I definitely charge more. What students don't realize is that when they procrastinate, it affects the order value of the paper. Nobody will be willing to handle stressful deadlines in exchange for peanuts. Either may it worth my while or go find someone else to do the work for you. Even when I worked for a company, I had the same policy. You pay me to handle the stress for you. Nuff said.
wordsies    5 | 250 ☆☆   Freelance Writer
Nov 01, 2017 | #6
I charge a 15 or 20% surcharge for anything under 48 hours. Other than that, every paper is priced based on its difficulty/time consumption.

Forum / Writing Careers / Does the essay deadline determine the essay price? Small survey for writers.

Need Help? ➰
CLOSE
THE BEST FREELANCE WRITERS [4]:
Legitimate Academic Freelance Writers!
THE BEST WRITING SERVICES [5]:
Legitimate Academic Research Services!

RECOMMENDED SERVICES:
- (coupon: GW10)
- (coupon: Best7)
VERIFY WRITER PROFILE:
Verify a freelance writer profile:
Check for a suspicious Twitter profile: