zurnal24 Forumzurnal24.info

Forum / Writing Careers56

Freelance writing - is it ethical (from writer's perspective)?

pheelyks  
Jun 09, 2009 | #41
What I find peculiar is how you say that you're not against us competent foreign writers taking our share from the market and yet you continue to associate my mistake with my being a foreign writer.

Your mistake occurred because you are a foreign writer. There's no shame in it; I cannot write a grammatically correct sentence in any language other than English, but I also don;t claim to be an expert writer in any other languages.

I don't think that your clients would appreciate you making these mistakes on your writings as well, right?

I'm not sure what this means.

And there are some foreign sounding errors.

also don;t claim

See there's a typo (one of my most common)--I accidentally hit a key that was right next to the key I was aiming for. I didn't type the longer word "doesn't." And no, I didn't do this for effect, but it did work out nicely.
EW_writer 23 | 2,055 ☆☆☆  
Jun 09, 2009 | #42
See there's a typo (one of my most common)--I accidentally hit a key that was right next to the key I was aiming for. I didn't type the longer word "doesn't." And no, I didn't do this for effect, but it did work out nicely.

Its a common grammatical error for non-native speakers

Did you also "accidentally hit a key that was right next to the key (you were) aiming for" here? :p

Making mistakes is nothing to be ashamed about, period. ^_^
WritersBeware  
Jun 09, 2009 | #43
What do you have to back this up, personal experience? Does this prove that American companies have significantly more qualified writers than foreign companies? Nope.

I could provide you with a virtually endless stream of proof that your employer's writers consistently deliver CRAP to customers. The evidence is all over the Internet. There's a huge difference between a legitimate, American company going out of its way to please the occasionally upset customer and a foreign ripoff company employing outright fraud and deception as the cornerstone of its business model-and then offering only a 30% refund when BUSTED!
pheelyks  
Jun 09, 2009 | #44
pheelyks:
Its a common grammatical error for non-native speakers

Did you also "accidentally hit a key that was right next to the key (you were) aiming for" here? :p

If you're referring to the missing apostrophe in "it's," then no, I did not it the wrong key. Apparently I missed hitting the key altogether or didn't hit it hard enough. This is generally the case when there are too few characters, rather than too many.

Making mistakes is nothing to be ashamed about, period.

Very true. What's your point?
WritersBeware  
Jun 09, 2009 | #45
Wow... 0.002% huh... see here's where all the evidence showing stops and the tall stories begin. I'm pretty sure that I'm not the ONLY good writer that ew has. Anyone who reads the Chronicle article you provided would know this.

Really? What's inaccurate? The number of writers? The percentage? The fact that you have repeatedly bragged about being the "best writer" at both EssayWriters.net and EB? The fact that at least two of the writers referenced in the article have already QUIT due to low pay (which kind of makes you look like a complete idiot for using their employment as justification for claiming that EssayWriters.net employs "quality" writers)? The fact that I already pointed out the weaknesses of the other writers referenced in the article? Be specific, please.

Your mistake occurred because you are a foreign writer. There's no shame in it; I cannot write a grammatically correct sentence in any language other than English, but I also don;t claim to be an expert writer in any other languages.

Bingo!
EW_writer 23 | 2,055 ☆☆☆  
Jun 09, 2009 | #46
Apparently I missed hitting the key altogether or didn't hit it hard enough.

Riiight....

Look, I've really got no time to argue with you. You say that foreign companies should shape up and stop hiring unqualified writers. I agree. You say you understand that competent foreign writers such as myself have no other option but to work for foreign companies given the strict employment regulations in the states that American companies have to abide with. Great. You say I made that error in my writing because I'm ESL. I disagree but don't really see why I should argue any further. ^_^

The fact that I already pointed out the weaknesses of the other writers referenced in the article? Be specific, please.

I don't need to explain anything. Students who read the article you gave would see exactly what I mean. Have a nice day. :P
WritersBeware  
Jun 09, 2009 | #47
COWARD! Run away, tail between your legs, as usual! Don't forget to come back shortly, perhaps in another thread, to claim victory.

LMAO!
EW_writer 23 | 2,055 ☆☆☆  
Jun 10, 2009 | #48
I don't need to explain anything. Students who read the article you gave would see exactly what I mean. Have a nice day. :P

^_^
OxbridgeResearchers 6 | 740 ☆☆  
Jun 10, 2009 | #49
I am sure there are many ESL/EFL writers who perform quality work, but the companies themselves don't really care

With reference to the Ukranian gangsters - not only don't they care, they would not know quality if it hit them in the face. Essay site owners such as Mizyuk and Vitchenko can barely write a sensical sentence and their admin staff are nothing other than a disaster. How can people who barely speak English and are incapable of understanding the simplest of sentences judge quality?
WritersBeware  
Jun 10, 2009 | #50
COWARD! Run away, tail between your legs, as usual! Don't forget to come back shortly, perhaps in another thread, to claim victory.

LMAO!

pheelyks  
Jun 10, 2009 | #51
Very true, OR. This is the prime reason that I have faced so many disputes working for UVO; a customer will request additional info after the paper is turned in and they don;t have a staff that recognize when I fulfilled the original oder description.

I just screwed myself out of $100 by swearing at them in an email and publishing a paper online; they've disabled my account (again, and this time probably for good) and won't respond to emails. Small price to pay if I can ward off future customers and writers from this inept crooks.
WritersBeware  
Jun 10, 2009 | #52
Pheelyks, the following post may interest you:

http://zurnal24.info/forum/9_33_4.html#msg6199

Were you aware that they also operate a PLAGIARISM-DETECTION site?
OxbridgeResearchers 6 | 740 ☆☆  
Jun 10, 2009 | #53
I cannot write a grammatically correct sentence in any language other than English, but I also don;t claim to be an expert writer in any other languages.

Good one :) You really hit the nail on the head. One doesn't have to be a native speaker to take up writing in English as a profession but THEIR ENGLISH MUST BE AS GOOD AS A NATIVE'S.
Smiley73 3 | 353 ☆☆  
Nov 10, 2017 | #54
Are we doing ethical work as freelance writers? I guess the response to that question lies within the very definition of the word Ethics. Ethics, for all intents and purposes is defined as "a branch of philosophy that involves systematizing, defending, and recommending concepts of right and wrong conduct." There are the keywords right there "Right or wrong conduct". Let's see, when a parent hires a tutor for his child, the tutor helps the child learn his lessons either by further explaining the lesson or by helping him accomplish the homework or projects that are related to his class. Consider also, that some parents actually do the homework or projects of their children. The tutor gets paid to help. The parents do it for free. Nobody complains what a tutor is helping a student cheat when he practically does the project for the child. Nobody says a parent cheats the system when the parent does the whole project for the child. Yet, based upon ethical principles, what these two people did is wrong. However society sees nothing wrong with it. As a paid academic writer, the employee is doing the same thing, assisting in the completion of an academic task for a fee. The same thing a tutor does. So, where is the ethical violation there? From my perspective, as a former academic writer, the work being done, based on the evidence provided, indicates that an academic writer is doing an ethical activity. The conduct of the academic writer is right and not wrong because he is offering a service for a fee, thereby justifying the action as ethical. It is not wrong to help someone with his lessons or to get ahead in his class. Otherwise tutors would be out of a job and parents would be in jail for writing book reports for their kids or having their office staff complete the more complex class projects. Yep, I truly believe that academic writers are doing an ethical job.
FreelanceWriter    5 | 1,297 ☆☆☆☆   Freelance Writer
Nov 10, 2017 | #55
If they're just using our projects as models for their own writing the way they're intended, there's no ethical issue. However, if students are actually submitting our work for academic credit, it's not comparable to tutors because tutors just provide the same services as school teachers; they're not taking exams or writing essays instead of their students.
Extremely experienced, honest, versatile American writer in NYC with a Law Degree from NYLS: Visit NYCFreelanceWriter "dot" com
ProfessorVerb    35 | 834 ☆☆☆   Freelance Writer
Nov 10, 2017 | #56
Full disclosure: I tried to help my younger daughter learn how to read and write at an early age and we spent many hours in the enterprise. She learned to read at 3 years with Green Eggs and Ham (Sam I am!). When we enrolled her in a public school kindergarten, they placed her in the 2nd grade reading program. She zoomed past those kids so we sent her to private school and never looked back.

By the time she entered middle school, she could write better than me (but not faster). For my part, I couldn't write a word until I got back from Southeast Asia at 20 and then it was easier -- and then it was fun -- and then it was profitable. I threw ethics out the window long ago but respect what you are saying. My point I guess is that I wish I had a tutor back then when writing was still scary -- because it's not and what you think IS important.

Forum / Writing Careers / Freelance writing - is it ethical (from writer's perspective)?

Need Help? ➰
CLOSE
THE BEST FREELANCE WRITERS [4]:
Legitimate Academic Freelance Writers!
THE BEST WRITING SERVICES [5]:
Legitimate Academic Research Services!

RECOMMENDED SERVICES:
- (coupon: GW10)
- (coupon: Best7)
VERIFY WRITER PROFILE:
Verify a freelance writer profile:
Check for a suspicious Twitter profile: