zurnal24 Forumzurnal24.info

Forum / Writing Careers13

What should off-shore writers do?

EW_writer 23 | 2,055 ☆☆☆  
Jul 15, 2009 | #1
Here's the gist of it. We all know that there are many of us writers who work for companies that other people here consider as hell spawn. Like them, most of us also dislike these companies that we work for, since we have been on the receiving end of their unfair practices at least a couple of times. However, we continue to work for these companies for lack of better options and since at the end of the day, we still earn way better from them than we would in any other job.

Here are my questions:

1.) Does anyone have a right to call us criminals simply because we work for such companies?

2.) Should we be castigated in this forum if we honestly reveal that contrary to the experiences of others, we were paid and are valued by these companies?

3.) Is the morally correct option to quit writing for such companies because of their unfair business practices?

Let me be the first to answer these questions:

1.) No.

2.) No.

3.) No. The moral foundation of this entire industry is nonexistent. We provide homework to students for Pete's sake. In high school, if you did your classmate's homework and your teacher found out about it, you'd be sent to the principal's office to be reprimanded or worse. In graduate school, if you gave your classmate your research paper for him to pattern his to and the work turns out as very similar to yours, you'd still get in trouble since graduate programs emphasize the requirement for students to work independently when it came to actually writing their papers.

Please feel free to express your opinions.
WritersBeware  
Jul 15, 2009 | #2
criminal = one who knowingly (or even unknowingly) engages in crime

we continue to work for these companies for lack of better options

Crack dealers and gang-bangers use the same justification.

Innocent consumers are not responsible for YOUR personal predicaments. Innocent consumers are not bound by YOUR personal, twisted, self-serving opinions on what JUSTIFIES your fraudulent business practices. Do innocent consumers force freelance writers to live on army bases is Asia? Nope. Commercial misrepresentation of products and services is ILLEGAL. Get it? End of story. Stop trying to defend the indefensible.
humble 2 | 264  
Jul 15, 2009 | #3
If writing essays is the only source of income, one may start looking for better more ethical sources of income. I am very sure that a little effort would get you to a better place. If you can't find another company open one yourself, and BE ETHICAL.

I also believe that any company that rejects and applicant on the basis of his nationality or country of resident is RACIST and is not an Equal Opportunity Provider. The criteria for hiring should be writing skills and other related factors.
WritersBeware  
Jul 15, 2009 | #4
If writing essays is the only source of income, one may start looking for better more ethical sources of income. I am very sure that a little effort would get you to a better place. If you can't find another company open one yourself, and BE ETHICAL.

Well-stated.

I also believe that any company that rejects and applicant on the basis of his nationality or country of resident is RACIST and is not an Equal Opportunity Provider.

One cannot be "racist" against a nationality or country. People of all races live in all nations/countries.

An American company has no legal obligation or corporate responsibility to hire non-US citizens. (The same holds true for companies in any other country.) However, if you show me an American company that has a truly "racist" policy against hiring, for example, African- or Asian-Americans, then you have a gripe, and I'll be right there with you to help tear that company down to the ground.
rustyironchains 12 | 729 ☆☆  
Jul 15, 2009 | #5
at best, a term paper hack is a professional accessory. if anyone is a criminal in this setup, it's the customer.
humble 2 | 264  
Jul 15, 2009 | #6
country of residence*

One cannot be "racist" against a nationality or country. People of all races live in all nations/countries.

Yea true. It would rather be hmmm lemme think ... Discrimination on the basis of nationality.

I'll be right there with you to help tear that company down to the ground.

Is the offer valid for companies that discriminate on the basis of nationality ;)
OP EW_writer 23 | 2,055 ☆☆☆  
Jul 16, 2009 | #7
If writing essays is the only source of income, one may start looking for better more ethical sources of income.

Are you suggesting that all of us who are currently getting paid to write other people's homework should go find more ethical work or just more "ethical" companies to work for? I'd really appreciate a direct answer. Thanks.

Is the offer valid for companies that discriminate on the basis of nationality ;)

^_^
humble 2 | 264  
Jul 16, 2009 | #8
Sorry for the confusion.
If the company you work for is not fair, you may start looking for better, more ethical essay writing companies.

better? :D
OP EW_writer 23 | 2,055 ☆☆☆  
Jul 16, 2009 | #9
better? :D

Absolutely. ^_^ Thanks. Hey, mind answering the three questions? :)
humble 2 | 264  
Jul 16, 2009 | #10
Even if you are selling drugs, the underworld has its code of ethics :D
I would not comment on the legitimacy of the industry, however I am a strong believer in good business practices.

Another example; even if it is prostitution that we do, not to being honest with our clients would be wrong :D

1-NO
2-NO
3-YES
dominofx - | 6  
Jan 20, 2011 | #11
I dont think that it is unethical unless the consumer is not getting the product they paid for. If the customers are cheating themselves that is up to them, however if they get the product they paid for, whats the scam?
Smiley73 4 | 382 ☆☆  
Nov 19, 2017 | #12
1. No, nobody has the right to call us criminals just because we work, or in my case, worked, for such companies from hell. Just like the others here, we made an honest living because we delivered the services that were required by the clients. It is not the writer's fault if the company proves to be a bad participant in the business. After all, the writers also suffer the consequences of having to work with such companies.

2. I don't see any reason for a writer coming from one of the "bad" companies to be castigated or scolded by the others here for the same reason as above. As long as we live up to our end of the bargain, get paid, and have repeat clients, then the writer is just like any other writer at this forum. Regardless of who his employer happens to be or not be.

3. The moral considerations in this instance, for me, falls under a case to case basis. At the time that I was working for a certain company, I found their business practices to be unfair. However, looking for other options at that time turned out to be impossible. So I stayed on, knowing that they were morally corrupt because I had no other job to turn to. I just dealt with my clients on the level as best as I could and hoped for the best treatment I could get from the company. Morals be damned. What was important to me at the time was that I brought in money to support myself. Nothing more.
writers2beware 41 | 2,025 ☆☆  
Nov 22, 2017 | #13
No, nobody has the right to call us criminals

I have explained my position quite clearly, on numerous occasions. If you knowingly contribute to fraud, you are an accessory to the crime. PERIOD.

Forum / Writing Careers / What should off-shore writers do?

у нас

здесь
Need Help? ➰
CLOSE
THE BEST FREELANCE WRITERS [4]:
Top Academic Freelance Writers!
THE BEST WRITING SERVICES [5]:
Top Academic Research Services!

RECOMMENDED SERVICES:
- (coupon: GW10)
- (coupon: Best7)
VERIFY WRITER PROFILE: