zurnal24 Forumzurnal24.info

Forum / Writing Careers13

Any one who has worked for Uvocorp to an advanced status.

forumassistant 1 | -  
Jul 27, 2012 | #1
Hi guys, so i recently asked for a promotion in Uvocorp after following all the guidelines and surprisingly i was fired by Mr. Michael. I also have some friends who have gone through the same ordeal. This has come after a very successful season and off season. I have had tens of customer requests and good feed back. i have rarely revised any project but apparently in uvocorp it is easier to go down than up. Its like asking for a promotion after successfully working for them for 2years is you way out. any advice or response will b highly appreciated. I am thinking of going it alone by either going for private clients or just by simply getting to a good American or British company with better terms as well as good payment for their writers. Please share any suggestions.

Regards.
Helenrob 1 | 91   Freelance Writer
Aug 11, 2012 | #2
my advice is not to work for them
editor75 15 | 2,008  
Aug 11, 2012 | #3
quit while you're ahead.
th63 1 | 462  
Aug 11, 2012 | #4
Never work for anyone who used "Mr." before their first name, like some kind of petty gangster in a B movie.
charlz - | 18   Freelance Writer
Aug 20, 2012 | #5
I think it is better to just be content with the Masters/PhD levels, i have cases of promotions "turned soar".
Oom - | 1   Freelance Writer
Mar 31, 2014 | #6
Experience with uvocorp and academic-writers (worth trying or not?)

Hi,

I am a newbie. I have been on the forum since morning exploring different threads and wondering over the scams in the world of writers. I was about to sign up for uvocrop.com when a thread grabbed all my attention "Beware of uvcrop". I opened it and just got drowned in the pool of essay scams. However, I am really happy with my "discovery". It is a good platform for writers. I appreciate the efforts of the admins of this forum. They people are doing a great job.

Now, having read pros and cons of nearly all big companies in the market, I wonder which one to go for.

While, a number of writers don't seem to have good experience with uvcrop and academic-writers, there are many who seems satisfied (at least stayed satisfied for four months, six months or so). Is it safe to assume that there could have been something wrong on the part of writers who ended up in frustration with these companies? (plagiarism, delayed response bla bla bla...)

Since recommendations are not allowed on this site, I would only request all senior members to please comment on my assumption about these two sites? Are they worth giving a try? (Am I capable of passing the test of any, is a rather different story. Right now I plan to take the test for both; however, I can barely hope to pass one. My English is quite poor. It is not my first language. In fact, primary purpose for me to join writing as a part time profession is to improve my writing skills.)

Looking forward to hear from seniors especially Queen Sheeba and WriterBeware
With regards,
Oom
Major 39 | 1,367 ☆☆☆☆  
Apr 24, 2014 | #7
Are they worth giving a try?

Some writers are happy to make a few dollars per page so if it works for them it may work for you. You can try and report the results here ;).
Smiley73 3 | 353 ☆☆  
Sep 13, 2017 | #8
When I was starting out in my freelance career, I tried to become a part of as many essay writing companies as I could in an effort to create a more than decent income for myself. One of the companies I found myself working for was UVocorp and I can tell you right now, it was a nightmare to work for them. While they had no problem with the content that I was providing the clients with, I had a problem with them. The problem was that they always paid for back salaries. For example, they would pay for August in September and September in October. Never, in my history of working for them did they ever pay on time for services rendered. Even after I was promoted, the same cycle of payment scamming existed. Needless to say, their method of payment really messed up my budgeting, specially since they would sometimes send out an email that the salary, which was already back owed, was even going to be delayed. It was when I could no longer balance my expense account because of their irresponsibility when it came to paying salaries that I finally decided to quit writing for them. I never looked back.
wordsies    5 | 250 ☆☆   Freelance Writer
Sep 13, 2017 | #9
I actually took the opposite route. I started off on my own and slowly built up my business. Only after I was established did I join a company, sort of as a trial run to see how it goes. Since then I've written regularly for quite a few companies and I still do for a few of them whenever I have extra time on my hands.

Most of the companies I know or work for pay either in bulk at the end of the month or on a per-order basis (1 guess as to which I prefer?). Those that pay per month always pay in the following month, so nothing strange there, it's to be expected.
Smiley73 3 | 353 ☆☆  
Sep 13, 2017 | #10
@wordsies I had to go the company route at the start because I did not have any experience as a freelancer at that point. Like I said before, academic writing is something that I just fell into. It wasn't something that I sought at the start. Since it paid well (I was working for 4 companies at the time), I stuck to it and never got around to actual independent writing work until much later in my career. I no longer work for the academic outsourcing companies at this point, nor do I actively seek out writing clients because I am already an academic consultant. However, I have a few select clients (read: they pay very well) who have decided to keep me on a retainer for their writing needs. So I get paid monthly even though they don't ask me to write anything for them. If I write anything, that is considered a separate charge. Sorry, I digress.

Getting back on track, I worked for various companies back then that had varying payment schedules. The ones I loved working for the most were the ones who paid out on a weekly basis ( you were very lucky to find one that pays on a per order basis ;-) ) As for Uvocorp, at the time that I signed up with them, they had a "weekly" pay out option as part of their payment schedule selections. So of course I chose that one. I found out too late that they automatically changed my setting to monthly. I would have been more agreeable to their actions had they at least set it to twice a month or, asked me if they could change my payment schedule before they did so. I apologize for not mentioning that sooner. Later on, the writing companies I was attached to also began to adopt the same payment schedule and I was amenable to them doing that because they at least, asked me if I would like to continue working for them under the new payment schedule.
ProfessorVerb    35 | 837 ☆☆☆   Freelance Writer
Sep 13, 2017 | #11
Not to toot my own horn here, but toot toot. I get paid whenever I want -- thanks to the generosity of the only company I work with, or will ever work with.* These terms won't be available to most of you, but give it time -- you can call your own shots in time too.

* Guess who ...and ending a sentence with a preposition is fine by me and other academicians but I only do it for effect.
writer4life - | 30   Freelance Writer
Sep 17, 2017 | #12
It's been over a decade, but I did a brief stint with UVO. They're legit but pay on the lower end on most orders (though slightly higher than some). The revision requests are too excessive IMO. Personally, I won't work for a company (or customer for that matter) that doesn't limit revision requests. Not to mention, waiting to get paid. But if you're looking for an avenue for a little extra income and experience, I'd give them a try. Worse case, you don't like it and then you just stop taking orders. :)
writers2beware 41 | 2,026 ☆☆☆☆  
Sep 22, 2017 | #13
They're legit

No, they're not. Do some research in this forum.

Forum / Writing Careers / Any one who has worked for Uvocorp to an advanced status.

www.all-dipllom.com/kupit-nastoyashchij-diplom

all-dipllom.com/kyzyl
Need Help? ➰
CLOSE
THE BEST FREELANCE WRITERS [4]:
Legitimate Academic Freelance Writers!
THE BEST WRITING SERVICES [5]:
Legitimate Academic Research Services!

RECOMMENDED SERVICES:
- (coupon: GW10)
- (coupon: Best7)
VERIFY WRITER PROFILE: