zurnal24 Forumzurnal24.info

Forum / Writing Careers3

Proficient Writers' Probation Stage: Is the System Rigged?

Sila a Writer  
Oct 26, 2017 | #1
Fellow Writer,

I'm a Kenyan writer. I applied for a writer position at the above company (ProficientWriters) and got approved on 7 October 2017. One of their requirements: I must complete three probation orders (1-3 pages each) free of charge. Before I can start earning. Three weeks down the line, I've applied for several (probation) orders I know I can complete. They've assigned me only one and I've completed it. Wrote them a protest email asking them why they are not giving me work. No response.

I'm beginning to think that their system is rigged. In whose favour I don't know.

Are you working or have you worked for them? Your experience(s)?
writers2beware 41 | 2,025 ☆☆  
Oct 27, 2017 | #2
if you're dumb enough to write anything for FREE, you get what you deserve. That is a well-known scam.
Smiley73 4 | 382 ☆☆  
Dec 01, 2017 | #3
I would expect that even a Kenyan would have more sense than to give away his work without expecting to be paid. This company makes its living by scamming the writers in this manner. For every writer they hire, whom they require to complete 3 free orders, they get to keep 100% of the profits from the client orders. String along enough foolish writers who were born without common sense and you keep your company running for years, without ever having to pay anyone labor costs. I hope that you finally grew a brain and realized that you were scammed. Don't even try to request for additional orders from them. That is, unless you are a sucker for punishment. There are other 3rd rate writing companies out there that would be more than willing to give you a chance and pay you a pittance for your hard work. Find those companies and try to get hired by them instead. Stop wasting your time when you know you have been conned. You agreed to work within the con in the first place.

Forum / Writing Careers / Proficient Writers' Probation Stage: Is the System Rigged?

Need Help? ➰
CLOSE
THE BEST FREELANCE WRITERS [4]:
Top Academic Freelance Writers!
THE BEST WRITING SERVICES [5]:
Top Academic Research Services!

RECOMMENDED SERVICES:
- (coupon: GW10)
- (coupon: Best7)
VERIFY WRITER PROFILE:
Verify a freelance writer profile:
Check for a suspicious Twitter profile: