zurnal24 Forumzurnal24.info

Forum / Writing Careers30

Question on what to charge per page

scarletrs 1 | 1  
Oct 24, 2010 | #1
Hello,
I am a tarot reader. I do most of my readings via email. A friend of mine suggested that I do my readings a bit different and try doing them per page. It would be 2 tarot cards (interpretation of the reading) per page. my Celtic Cross reading is usually 6 pages. I have been looking online to the going rate and I am getting a bunch of different numbers. My readings are delivered to my client within 24-72 hours time.

Thank you for your help

Chrissy
WritersBeware  
Oct 24, 2010 | #2
Classic!

Are you here all week?
OP scarletrs 1 | 1  
Oct 24, 2010 | #3
Yes I am trying to find a new way of doing my readings. I am hoping I can find some help here.
Chrissy
rustyironchains 12 | 729 ☆☆  
Oct 24, 2010 | #4
$15 for 2 pages
nemom - | 1  
Oct 28, 2010 | #5
Doesn't tarot have to be read in person? I don't know much but doesn't it usually involve an individual choosing cards?
lucas84 - | 5  
Nov 21, 2010 | #6
This is the question I am looking for as well!
nightstar 2 | 26   Student
Jun 25, 2013 | #7
How much the writer will charge for 14,000 words dissertation?

English is my third language, I failed some of my paper so I hope my dissertation can pass and I will re-sit the subjects that I failed.

I tried a site for my dissertation paper, the price they charge consider reasonable, writers bid from USD200 - USD700, but the writer I appointed (USD400) gave me very poor writing, don't bother my request on the amendment and the system auto help me to approved the part that I asked for revision. (Project separate to 3 parts as I have meeting with lecturer once or twice a month to update him my dissertation status).

I would like to know if any trusted site here can introduce? Too many complaints on con or scams site, I don't know which one can trust after I visit here.

Between, my budget is a concern as I am only freelance event helper. I understand good quality paper will charge high price, I am not asking for distinction but at least 65-70 is enough for me.

I don't know why removed the replied from my writer...
Akk7 - | 1   Freelance Writer
Mar 28, 2017 | #8

How much to charge per 250 words?

Hi!

How much should I charge per page of 250 words?

Should the rates be different for UK and USA students?

I have Indian writers in my team. But the writers write excellent papers and dissertations. However, there is some problem in their English language. The students get very good remarks from the teachers despite that.

Sometimes the instructions appear unclear or the writers don't get the 100% of the instructions other than that they produce really very good work. We work for some of the top UK companies.

Thank you!:)
Major 39 | 1,367 ☆☆☆☆  
Mar 28, 2017 | #9
Why are there only 250 words per page (it seems only shady companies would provide 250 words per page). Anyway, are the rates flexible (can your writers name their own price?)
warloke - | 1  
Mar 30, 2017 | #10
It's a free market economy :)
wordsies    5 | 250 ☆☆   Freelance Writer
Apr 02, 2017 | #11
1 page of text written in TNR 12 double spaced cannot be less than 290 words. In most cases it goes around 290 to 310 words, depending on the formatting. I've tried countless formats, even tried to shorten the text by using 3 line paragraphs (would be absurd to even try and submit such a paper). Anything less than 290 words is just theft. On a 10 page paper you steal 1 page from the client.
ProfessorVerb    35 | 834 ☆☆☆   Freelance Writer
Apr 03, 2017 | #12
1 page of text written in TNR 12 double spaced cannot be less than 290 words.

I performed a word count on some of my most recent papers, and determined the following:

* Some of my papers average less than 300 words per page (my billing rate), but not by much (some contain more);

* Some pages contain lists or figures that limit the word count; and,

* Some papers require terminology that defies using a bunch of small words.

Because I charge by the word, the page count is irrelevant. If someone orders 3,000 words and it takes 12, 15 (or more) pages, so be it. In a few cases, I've ended up writing 20 or more pages for a "10-page" order that required SPSS analyses or other features. When it comes to a word-count per page guarantee, it's a wash. At least that's what I think ...
graciemilligan - | 1  
Apr 04, 2017 | #13
Need not to pay more on paper, To provide best service it is necessary to pay low cost, if you provide best service you can survive in this field without any difficulty.
ProfessorVerb    35 | 834 ☆☆☆   Freelance Writer
Apr 04, 2017 | #14
That's gibberish.
writologist 2 | 30   Freelance Writer
Nov 13, 2017 | #15

Minimum Amount to Charge a Client

What is the least amount you can charge a direct client?
Okay, for a 10+ days deadline paper?
Major 39 | 1,367 ☆☆☆☆  
Nov 14, 2017 | #16
It depends on the research level (undergraduate / graduate) and also on word count per page. But if you mean 300 words per page, I'd say:

ESL writer educated and living in a 3rd world country - $1-$10 per page
ESL writer educated and living in a civilized country - $10-$30 per page
Native English speaker educated and living in an English-speaking, civilized country - $25-$50 per page
Nov 14, 2017 | #17
There are 3rd world countries that are civilized, they just have shoddy living conditions due to the economy. The point here is the quality of education, but even more than that the ability to write in the English language. From what I've seen in my years in the industry, the number of really good ESL writers is extremely low (my personal estimate is that only 1 of every 100 ESL writers can actually produce a paper that will pass US/UK educational standards without any red flags. Those that do, charge substantially more than $10 per page - more likely in the $20-30 bracket. Other than that, yes, I agree with the estimates made by Major.
RandomRandom    4 | 40   Freelance Writer
Nov 15, 2017 | #18
(my personal estimate is that only 1 of every 100 ESL writers can actually produce a paper that will pass US/UK educational standards without any red flags.

Do you mean 1/100 ESL people in the academic writing industry, or 1/100 ESL people in general?
Nov 15, 2017 | #19
The question is redundant, the answer is in the text you quoted
Nov 15, 2017 | #20
Not quite. If I understand him well, he wants to know whether the 1 in 100 people theory applies to the ESL writers within this industry or it encompasses the total ESL population (those within and without the industry).
Nov 15, 2017 | #21
him

*her. I'm sorry my username does not reveal my gender. I think wordsies meant that it is 1/100 in both instances. Of course I don't agree with that but he stated that it is his personal estimate so there's no point arguing over that point.
Nov 15, 2017 | #22
*her. I'm sorry my username does not reveal my gender.

Sorry, made that assumption simply because this industry is male-dominated. Guess I should have used (him/her).

personal estimate so there's no point arguing over that point

I was just making a clarification/personal opinion on the question of whether your inquiry was redundant.
Nov 15, 2017 | #23
made that assumption simply because this industry is male-dominated

**** apology if you ask me. You were better off leaving it at sorry. No offense taken though-maybe
Nov 15, 2017 | #24
If you take into account the entire ESL population that ratio would be much, much larger. If it was not, none of us would have any work, now would we
Nov 15, 2017 | #25
But are they really that bad? What really makes a good writer? Is it the ability to speak fluently in a given language? I thought the more you read, the better you write. Most African authors write extremely well. I have read a number of works by the likes of Ngugi wathongo, Chinua Achebe, Miguna Miguna (favorite African author) among others, and you would rarely notice any significant difference between these ESL authors and ENLs. Has anyone sampled any African writer here? Whats your take? Are they good or nah?

The same goes for academic freelance writing. In my opinion, the more one reads, the better they write. Civilized or not; developed or not; ENL or not--the ability to write is developed through a rigorous reading and writing culture.
Nov 15, 2017 | #26
That's not completely accurate, as I've stated before, education plays a role, but the most relevant factor in this business is the ability to write fluently in idiomatic English. That's a rare trait to find in ESL writers.

On your question, most if not all post-colonial literature was written by people who lived in the US or the UK for extended periods. There are exceptions of course.
Nov 15, 2017 | #27
Haha, I want to support Kenyan/African writers but no. I'd be lying. Yes, the more you read, the better you're likely to write but please don't pretend Africans are avid readers. Again don't forget that most times, the ghost of Dunning Kruger is around and it makes pathetic writers overestimate their writing abilities.

I still don't buy into wordsies 1/100. I'd give it 1/20.
Nov 15, 2017 | #28
All you have to do is go to freelancer/upwork/any other marketplace and look at the samples or even start a chat with writers to realize that my assessment is very much true. And not limited to Kenyans or other Africans alone, this includes a wide range of "writers" from a range on countries.

Or, like in my case, receive work from clients written by other freelancers to edit/rewrite (this happens very, very often). Most of such "papers" are utter trash and not worth the paper it took to print them out, let alone $10 per page.
Nov 15, 2017 | #29
On your question, most if not all post-colonial literature was written by people who lived in the US or the UK for extended periods. There are exceptions of course.

I agree with this statement, although to a slight extent LMFAO. I stand by my earlier statement 100%.
Nov 15, 2017 | #30
All you have to do is go to Wikipedia and read the biographies of the writers you mentioned :)

Forum / Writing Careers / Question on what to charge per page

Need Help? ➰
CLOSE
THE BEST FREELANCE WRITERS [4]:
Legitimate Academic Freelance Writers!
THE BEST WRITING SERVICES [5]:
Legitimate Academic Research Services!

RECOMMENDED SERVICES:
- (coupon: GW10)
- (coupon: Best7)
VERIFY WRITER PROFILE:
Verify a freelance writer profile: