zurnal24 Forumzurnal24.info

Forum / Writing Careers28

What is it that repels Americans from ESL writers?

kareng 1 | 12  
Jun 02, 2008 | #1
I am an ESL writer, and I do not hear anyone complaining of how I write in English (except for WritersBeware, but I think WB can pretty much be excluded from my list, having just called me a CRIMINAL.funny how strong the impact of that word has when somebody else labels you that and he/she doesn't even know you.) So WHAT is wrong, really, with ESL writers? Not all of us are hopelessly pathetic English writers/speakers, you know.
Lavinia 4 | 503 ☆☆   Freelance Writer
Jun 02, 2008 | #2
Don't you work for EW? Why not ask your employers? They apparently don't feel comfortable with your skills as an ESL writer and choose to lie about your background.
WritersBeware  
Jun 02, 2008 | #3
having just called me a CRIMINAL.funny how strong the impact of that word has when somebody else labels you that and he/she doesn't even know you

I don't need to have a beer with you to know that you are a criminal. You ADMITTED it.

"What is it that repels Americans from ESL writers?"

For the 10,000,000th time, Americans don't have a problem with ESL writers. Americans have a problem with ESL writers who LIE about being "American" and "native English speakers."

Granted, your English is decent, but I could still pick it apart all day. I think that even the most hardened fraud supporters in this forum will agree with me when I state that the vast majority of ESL writers who work for foreign essay companies do not have nearly as good of a grasp of English grammar, verb-subject agreement, punctuation, and general word use.

Bottom line: don't lie to the public, and you won't have a problem with me.
strugglingstudent 4 | 157  
Jun 03, 2008 | #4
Bottom line: don't lie to the public, and you won't have a problem with me.

So basically IF all the writing companies declared their true location and IF they all declared that they employ writers from all over the world then you would not have a problem with them providing essays for anyone willing to use them even if their workload was unaffected by their declaration or actually increased as a result of it, is that correct?
WritersBeware  
Jun 04, 2008 | #5
What?
Jun 04, 2008 | #6
I think the message I wrote is quite clear. You stated that IF they don't lie to the public then they won't have a problem with you, so what I am asking is does this mean that IF the likes of essaywriters.net and masterpapers.com were to admit their true location AND admit that they use ESL writers as well as writers who are EFL writers then you would not have a problem with them doing work for American students etc even if their declaration of location ACTUALLY increased their workload or did not reduce their workload.
WritersBeware  
Jun 04, 2008 | #7
I think the message I wrote is quite clear.

No, it wasn't. It was late, and I didn't feel like deciphering a 62-word sentence.

IF the likes of essaywriters.net and masterpapers.com were to admit their true location AND admit that they use ESL writers as well as writers who are EFL writers then you would not have a problem with them doing work for American students etc even if their declaration of location ACTUALLY increased their workload or did not reduce their workload[?]

Yes, that's correct.
SolidSnake - | 74  
Jun 04, 2008 | #8
No, it wasn't. It was late, and I didn't feel like deciphering a 62-word sentence.

...but yet you do feel like trolling through her post and actually counting every word. lol somebody is bored during the dry season me thinks
WritersBeware  
Jun 04, 2008 | #9
I mean, come on . . . would you want to bother reading the following sentence when dead tired at 1:30 AM?

So basically IF all the writing companies declared their true location and IF they all declared that they employ writers from all over the world then you would not have a problem with them providing essays for anyone willing to use them even if their workload was unaffected by their declaration or actually increased as a result of it, is that correct?

By the way, it takes about 5 seconds to get a word count in any word processor, which I did only AFTER he claimed that his post was an easy read.
SolidSnake - | 74  
Jun 04, 2008 | #10
mean, come on . . . would you want to bother reading the following sentence when dead tired at 1:30 AM?

Fair point. To be fair I didnt even bother reading past the first few words.

By the way, it takes about 5 seconds to get a word count in any word processor, which I did only AFTER he claimed that his post was an easy read.

Didn't realise SS was a 'he'. His/her posts seem rather girly. No offense.
Jun 05, 2008 | #11

What on earth makes you think I am a man? When have I ever said that i was male. In fact I do remember stating that I returned to work after having my son.

SS I guess my posts ought to be girly since that is exactly what I am :)
WritersBeware  
Jun 05, 2008 | #12
What on earth makes you think I am a man? When have I ever said that i was male. In fact I do remember stating that I returned to work after having my son.

I don't really care what sort of junk you're packing.
Jun 05, 2008 | #13
Neither do I but just wanted to correct your misconception!
WritersBeware  
Jun 05, 2008 | #14
It wasn't a "misconception." I use "he" and "she" randomly and interchangeably when I do not know, recall, find irrelevant, or give a second thought about someone's gender. You're acting as if I typed, "strugglingstudent has a pen-is."
Jun 06, 2008 | #15
give a second thought about someone's gender

As one bloke to another I don't give a toss lol
summer61 - | 3  
Jun 06, 2008 | #16
I stumbled upon this website/forum the other night while attempting to verify the legitimacy of a custompapers.com. I have just submitted a 12 page paper request to them with a deadline of June 8th. I'm crossing my fingers that they deliver. I have been burned by (CustomResearchPapers.us) and ended up writing my own paper within 24 hrs, missed the deadline and got my grade docked by 1/3. Yes, they advertised they were a US company and even had short resumes of their writers on their website. However, the paper given to me had so many misspellngs, grammar errors and quotes that were cut and paste from the reference materials I supplied them, but no citation. They completely missed the subject topic and missed my deadline by 24 hrs. Yes, they offered to re-write, which I allowed them to do and the paper still contained the same errors as before. I was offered another writer but by that time it was too late and I did not want to take another chance of another paper filled with errors.

In moving forward, how can you tell if some of the post in this forum are not the very individuals that work for some of these companies?

Does anyone have any current experience with custompapers.com?
Lavinia 4 | 503 ☆☆   Freelance Writer
Jun 06, 2008 | #17
summer61 - there is a search function on the right top side of this forum. If you type in custompapers.com, you should get a lot of hits.
WritersBeware  
Jun 06, 2008 | #18
summer61, thanks for posting irrelevant information in this thread.
summer61 - | 3  
Jun 06, 2008 | #19
My bad. I thought I had selected essay services. First time user. Hope it did not upset your world too much. =(
WritersBeware  
Jun 06, 2008 | #20
You not only ruined my day, but you trampled all over tomorrow, too!
summer61 - | 3  
Jun 06, 2008 | #21
Does that mean I won't hear from you until Sunday? =)

Thanks Lavinia =)
nofi - | 4  
Jun 08, 2008 | #22
Thanks for brightening up my morning.
dj31 - | 4  
Jun 20, 2008 | #23
"native English speakers."

How would you define "native English speakers?"
EW_writer 23 | 2,055 ☆☆☆  
Jun 20, 2008 | #24
Does that mean I won't hear from you until Sunday? =)

Priceless. ^_^
zero - | 1  
Jul 28, 2008 | #25
I think the main problem is probably the poor English. For example, native English speakers don't complain "of" things, we complain "about" things, except in the case of an illness or symptom.

We don't write things like "funny how strong the impact of that word has," because such phrases are gibberish.

To be an ESL writer is fine. I'm sure you're a good person. But anyone who reads your writing will be able to tell that you are not native-level in English.
lucytokugawa - | 5  
Aug 10, 2008 | #26
wow, i really think it's not about ESL , but actully about urself, if u r a confidence fluent english speaker, then why donnt u need to care about these ESl stuff? i really think both Us & ca r fair places, to some extent.At least they donot have serious discrimination,right ? Think about some pathetic Asian in Euro, wow, horrible. language is just a tool, u can use it , it brings u convenient,that's all . Standing on the other side, how many foreign can speak ur primary language as fluent as u speak their mother tongue-ENG?
Smiley73 4 | 382 ☆☆  
Nov 15, 2017 | #27
Americans are not repelled by ESL writers provided the ESL writer does a good job of writing the papers they are assigned to complete. What we have a problem with, is that these ESL writers tend to misrepresent themselves in order to get a job and then submit a paper to the client that is not even worth turning into toilet paper. That is what repels Americans from the ESL writers. If ESL writers did not start out in their career by covering up their facts in order to gain an advantage, then we would not be having this discussion. An ESL writer who can write at the level of a native speaker, while not lying about his real professional background, will earn the respect of his peers at this forum. Don't misconstrue what is happening here. An ESL writer who does a good job and delivers model papers worthy of the amount they charge for it are not going to be looked down upon by the legitimate ENL writers. The argument is just about truth and full disclosure when dealing with clients. Nothing more.
writers2beware 41 | 2,025 ☆☆  
Nov 16, 2017 | #28
repels

REALLY? "Repels"? Your ESL is showing, champ.

from the ESL

"from ESL"

An ESL writer who does a good job and delivers model papers worthy of the amount they charge for it are not going to be looked down upon by the legitimate ENL writers.

You're right. We "look down upon" them for butchering the language while purporting to be qualified, professional writers and misleading unsuspecting clients.

Forum / Writing Careers / What is it that repels Americans from ESL writers?

Need Help? ➰
CLOSE
THE BEST FREELANCE WRITERS [4]:
Top Academic Freelance Writers!
THE BEST WRITING SERVICES [5]:
Top Academic Research Services!

RECOMMENDED SERVICES:
- (coupon: GW10)
- (coupon: Best7)
VERIFY WRITER PROFILE:
Verify a freelance writer profile:
Check for a suspicious Twitter profile: